How to get here
It’s very easy to reach Canazei, whether you want to arrive by car or by any other means of transportation.
- The main route to Canazei is the Brennero Motorway, at the Ora/Egna exit. From the San Lugano pass, the SS48 Strada Statale delle Dolomiti leads first to the Val di Fiemme area and then on to Val di Fassa: Moena, Soraga, Vigo, Pozza, Mazzin, Campitello and Canazei.
- Val di Fassa can be reached from Trento via the Cembra and Valfloriana Valleys (SS12) which emerge first in Val di Fiemme.
- From the Bolzano Nord exit (SS241), follow the Great Dolomite Road leads from the Costa Lunga Pass to Vigo di Fassa. From here, the road carries on to Canazei.
- From the Venezia/Ponte delle Alpi motorway (A27), take the exit at Belluno and follow directions to Agordo (SS203), continue towards Falcade and cross the San Pellegrino Pass (SS346) to reach Moena. From here, continue towards Canazei.
- CAR HIRES. More info: Car Hires Val di Fassa
- The stations nearest to Val di Fassa and therefore the village of Canazei are Ora, Bolzano and Trento.
- These stations can be reached from Val di Fassa thanks to a bus service provided by Trentino Trasporti and SAD.
The main references regarding internal and external movements in the valley are:
- The TRENTINO TRASPORTI and SAD bus service covering the entire territory and connecting the Val di Fassa to the nearest cities of Trento and Bolzano. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket office or directly on board the bus.
SAD bus timetables and stops (integrated transport system of the Province of Bolzano). Public transport lines SAD – Val di Fassa: line n. 180 Pozza di Fassa – Vigo di Fassa – Carezza Pass – Bolzano and line no. 471 Dolomite Passes (Sella Pass, Gardena Pass, Campolongo Pass, Pordoi Pass, Fedaia Pass). SERVICE ACTIVE ONLY IN SUMMER
- Granturismo bus lines (Autostradale, Brusutti, Lorenzini and Stat) which allow summer and winter connections with the main Italian cities.
- Flexibus, long-distance bus service. Daily, day and night connections, with grand tourism lines from Trento and Bolzano to the main European cities. FLEXIBUS
- Mirella Iori – Canazei . Phone. +39 336 80 84 04 | Phone. +39 45 89 42
- Taxi Volpe- Campitello di Fassa ( 9 seats- 24h shuttle| train station and airport service) : Phone +39 336 35 28
Below is the list of the closest airports to Val di Fassa:
Collective shuttle stops: Moena – Piaz de Ramon; Soraga – Bus station c / o Sports field; Vigo di Fassa – Hotel Carpe Diem; Vigo San Giovanni – Hotel Dolomiti; Pozza – Hotel Trento; Pozza / Pera – Bus stop Loc. Vac; Mazzin – Tourist Office; Campitello di Fassa – Piaz de Ciampedel; Canazei – Piaz G. Marconi; Alba di Canazei – Hotel Alba; Penia di Canazei – Hotel Sonia.
PRIVATE TRANSFER SERVICE:
Private transfers to and from Val di Fassa every day, by reservation: direct connections from the airports Marco Polo in Venice, Antonio Canova in Treviso, Valerio Catullo in Verona, Milan Linate, Milan Malpensa, Bergamo Orio al Serio, Innsbruck-Kranebitten, Franz Josef Strauss of Munich and from the railway stations of Bolzano, Trento, Ora-Auer. For more information: Call Center FiemmeFassaExpress, every day – Cell. 335 7605170
Have a good trip and happy holidays in Val di Fassa!